12.01.2009

Help Me! . . Yelp Me!

So, I just had a . . revelation. I save so many sites in my favorites section that are clearly relevant to people who share a similar mindset to myself. It would make more sense to put them to good use and share them wit my fellow "readers" (haven't gotten around to using this title because I am the only reader thus far). This is essentially what blogging is all about and tis what I shall do.


Today, I was inspired by this photo, found on LeCoil (I promise to master the art of tagging), and decided to do a search on places to buy african prints. Unbeknownst to my "readers" (one last time for the road), I reside in the beautiful, resourceful, and intriguing city of Brooklyn, New York. In New York City, the task of finding a store that is catered to a defined want is not much more difficult than merely searching for a good burger joint. I wanted a store that carried a bevy of African print options, is easily accessible to my borough, inexpensive, and is owned by a mom and pop shop. Did I just hear you ask: How do I find such a store ? How do I know all these things before entering the store? Enter, Yelp. This is by far my right hand man when it comes to moments like this. I am an avid member of the "I-will-not-go-there-unless-I've-seen-a-review" club and this site is basically all that and more. I found the perfect store and plan on going to browse their selection this weekend, when my workload has simmered.

After designating Trumart Discount Fabrics in the Fashion District as my "peruse place" for the weekend, I stumbled on over to searching all things African that were tagged: African dance classes, African artwork, African cuisine, et al. I ended up finding a myriad of places that tickled my fancy and I plan on setting aside the time to visit them. Toodles*

No comments:

Post a Comment