10.10.2010

Lana (cont'd)

This man in my life never tells me he misses me. He dismisses my beauty and ceaselessly shows me he does not respect me. My heart is taken advantage of and minced into pieces by this man… this man that I love. He takes pride in wittily demeaning my person. Unfailingly he lets me know I’m nonexistent, yet I somehow continue to care. The moment I start to feel like something, he pleasantly reminds me that, to him, I’m similar to nothing. I question myself day in and day out, as to when I allowed yet another version of my voluntarily absent father into my heart. It’d make more sense for me to run from any feelings resembling the residual “daddy done left me” feelings. You’d think I would know better. I should’ve known better. I’m now stuck loving a man who can’t recognize my worth.

This hurts.

© CafeUzuri

No comments:

Post a Comment